The St. Charles Formation Ministries purpose is to help people grow in the image of Christ, providing programs of formation for our children and adults that first win their hearts and equip their minds, and then send them forth in service of the Lord.
- Women’s Bible Study – Yearning to know more about Jesus or deepen your relationship with Him? Come join the Ladies Bible Study in Room 1 in the Church lower level on either Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. or Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. Sessions start every year at the beginning of September and end in May or early June. We usually complete two bible studies during that time, a longer one in the fall/winter and a shorter one in the spring. Bible Study is open to all ladies of the parish. You don’t need any previous bible study experience to join in. Contact Elizabeth Lynch at 419-991-1694 or email her by clicking here for Thursday morning bible study. For Thursday evening bible study contact Suzanne Marques at 419-233-3109 or email Suzanne by clicking here.
- Intercessory Prayer Ministry – There are many parishioners that are praying for other members of our Parish and/or their family and friends. Jerry & Sharon Laurent and Dennie & Judy Horlander receive prayer requests throughout the month. They honor any level of confidentiality or anonymity. After the prayer requests are received, they are sent to the prayer partners via e-mail or a monthly summary is sent by regular mail for those without an e-mail address. If you would like to be a part of this ministry or have a prayer request, please contact Jerry or Sharon Laurent by clicking here or call 419-331-1763. Email Dennie Horlander or Judy Horlander or call them at 419-999-5536.
- Catholic Men’s Fellowship – The primary focus is a venue for men to be able to talk to other men about important events in their lives. It has components of spiritual wisdom, personal accountability, and breaking open the readings that we hear on that weekend liturgy. Mix in good hospitality and genuine friendship you find something that is often time missing in our modern society. It is very informal and allows for flexibility of varied schedules. We meet the second and fourth Saturdays at 7:00 a.m. at St. Charles Gathering Space. We welcome any man that has a desire to deepen their faith and make lasting friendships. Contact: Jerry Kesner at 419-230-5577 or email him by clicking here.
- Diaconate – A Deacon (permanent) is a man ordained in the Catholic Church, with no desire to be a priest, whose role is to help the local pastor by visiting the sick, teaching the faith, baptizing, distributing Communion, etc. Deacon formation includes a process of inquiry, discernment, and prayers of study that include areas of formation – human, spiritual, intellectual, & pastoral. If interested in this role contact the Toledo diocese website or call 419-244-6711
- Elementary School – St. Charles Catholic School, in partnership with our parish, will provide a faith-filled environment which challenges students to become upstanding citizens, stewards and scholars through instruction and example. Contact Mrs. Megan Scheid by email by clicking here or call 419-222-2536
- Adult Formation Committee – To assist and help with the needs of the Formation Commission, this committee will meet on an as needed basis dependent on direction/guidance of Formation Commission responsibilities. Contact; Nancy Jo Cain at (217)714-0930 or Email Nancy by clicking here
- Lima Life Teen – Lima Life Teen is a youth ministry for all Lima High School Teens. This group LIFE TEEN is a Roman Catholic teen ministry program that tries to lead teens to Christ through a dynamic weekly Mass and LIFE Night: a fun-filled, high energy evening that reaches teens on four levels: spiritual, emotional, social, and educational. Adult volunteers are needed to help with homework, cook dinners for life nights on Sunday evenings and to be a part of the Core Team. Email Angie Soules by clicking here or call her at 419-228-7635.
- Baptism Preparation – Baptism is celebrated twice monthly during the 10:30 a.m. Mass on the 2nd Sunday of the month or at noon on the 4th Sunday of the month with the Deacon. For more information call Erin Nagy at 419-228-7635 or email Erin by clicking here.
- Marriage Preparation – The sacrament of marriage preparation is coordinated on an individual basis with the pastor. For more information call Ruth Fosnaugh at 419-228-7635 or email Ruth by clicking here.
- Early Childhood – The Early Childhood Program meets September-April during the 10:30 mass. 3 and 4-year-olds grow in their faith with the Montessori principle. An adult volunteer is with the children every week along with classroom assistants. More information call the parish office at 419-228-7635.
- PSR – The Parish School of Religion Program meets September-April 9:05-10:15 am. K-8 students are given religious preparation during the school year with the help of volunteer teachers and classroom assistants. More information contact the parish office.
- Church Library Committee – The church library committee maintains the church library. News and inventory of the church library can be found here: http://www.st-charles.org/pages/ministries/67.html For more information call the parish office at 419-228-7635. The current volunteer is Lisa Joseph.
- RCIA-Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults – The RCIA for Children and Teens programs are on different schedules. They meet September-June, at 7.30 on Thursdays. Volunteers are needed for Sunday dismissals and sponsors. For more information call the parish office at 419-228-7635.
- Mondays in March – Mondays in March is a yearly adult faith formation program of weekly speakers. Volunteers for receptions and speaker suggestions are always welcome. For more information call the parish office at 419-228-7635.
- MOMs – Mothers of Ministry Sharing is a community of moms that connect to share their faith, the joys, and the challenges of motherhood. More information can be found on our MOMs Facebook page. For more info, click here to contact Sarah Mayse by email
- Liturgy of the Word For Children – Liturgy of the Word for Children is for K-3rd graders to understand, reflect, enjoy, and truly benefit from God’s Word during 10.30 Mass. 2 adult volunteers prepare the lessons and 4th-8th graders (God Squad) assist the adults. Children are given a reading pamphlet to take home and share with their parents and there are family readings to learn online as well. For more information call the parish office at 419-228-7635.
- Alpha – is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith. It runs all around the globe, and everyone’s welcome. Alphas generally have three key things in common: food, a talk, and good conversation
Additional Adult, Family and Youth Formation information and activities are available on the Diocese of Toledo website.