The goal of our Community Ministries is to build in St. Charles, a sense of community and belonging through the many events and activities listed below. Working together for the benefit of our church family is a terrific way to get to know your fellow parishioners as well as building wonderful, lasting friendships.
- Family Fun Night At The Y – an annual event held in late January when our St. Charles Community takes over Lima’s YMCA for a night of fun for the entire family. Pizza, pop, swimming, basketball, volleyball, racquetball and more!
- Ministry Volunteer Fair – we hold the Volunteer Fair semi-annually to enlist the help of the talented people of our parish community in making St. Charles a vibrant, active, caring church home
- New Member/New Visitor Welcoming Committee – this new ministry is working hard to show visitors and potential new members alike, the vibrancy of our St Charles Community as well as to welcome and assist them in becoming a part of our parish
- “Winter Picnic” Potluck Dinner – this event held in the midst of the winter that brightens everyone’s mood. The great cooks of our parish bring their best picnic dishes to a huge carry-in dinner
- Cheeseburger In Paradise with The Beer Barrel Boys – an “almost,” “somewhat,” annual event normally held on a weekend evening in March or April. A live appearance of parishioner John Heaphy’s band, the Beer Barrel Boys headlines an evening of great music and dancing along with great cheeseburgers and food!
- St. Charles Feast Day Dinner– this annual event occurs in early November and is one of St. Charles’ biggest! This past year at the potluck dinner we honored those that founded and built our wonderful parish.
- Coffee & Donuts – this is a time of fellowship with other parishioners, held in the Church Gathering space after Sunday’s 8:00 and 10:30 Masses, during the school year (no holidays).
- Grace Stechschulte Christmas Tea – a wonderful biennial event where the ladies of St. Charles pause, breathe, forget about all problems and worries to enjoy an elegant evening of joy and embrace the spirit of Christmas. Each table is beautifully decorated by a table host/sponsor. Scones and other traditional tea delights are crafted by some very talented ladies of our parish. Inspiring and funny entertainment abounds
- Directory of Parish Ministries – this new ministry is working to create, then maintain, a comprehensive directory of the ministries and services available to our St. Charles Parish Community